Friday, June 06, 2008

This always seems to happen


The other day, I was introduced to an extremely catchy tune. The bass line, though repetitive, is irresistable. In fact, I wasn't even aware of what was going on lyric-wise the first six times I listened to it because I couldn't get over the bass and the way it gives the song a nice tone touch, moves around in a cool manner, and blends in perfectly yet directs the underlying harmony lines. It's one of those songs that was made to be played when you're driving in your car so that you feel like the king/queen of the world and at the peak of being cool.

I was so happy that I had stumbled upon such a find. Because I had never heard it before, I thought that it was a rare find and that I had been the one to discover this. For some reason, I had it in my head that I'm pretty up to date with what's going on in the music world. I don't know why I thought this, because I never even listen to the radio. But somehow, I got all puffed up about discovering this new cool song. And then, my sister came in and said, "Whatcha listening to?"

I was quickly humbled. Apparently, this is a hit tune everywhere. It was kind of funny, I was actually disappointed to find out I wasn't the only person on the planet that knew this song besides the band members themselves. That didn't last long though. As disappointed as I was at not being able to introduce my sister this really cool song, I couldn't help but smile and laugh as she said, "Oh my gosh! I love this song. They play it on X96 all the time! Everytime I hear it, I get out my bass guitar!" and proceeded to whip out an air bass guitar. We aired and danced through the rest of the song, and had a jolley good time.

And yes. I did listen to that song while I typed this post.

8 comments:

Joslynn said...

And... are you going to grace us with the name of this catchy tune?

Nedge said...

Exactly. What tune is it?

Brittany said...

After all these months of me not blogging all you care about is the name of the song? Sheesh!

Nedge said...

Oy. Sowwy. Congratulations on finally blogging again! Now you have to do it weekly.

Or I'll come after you.

Melissa said...

Well, of course, we want to know the name of the song. Classic cliff-hanger here.

Spill it.

Brittany said...

Two words: Believe. The Bravery.

Joslynn said...

Love that song!Classic. Glad you appreciate it. I also like the Intro... it provides a nice anticipation to the deliciously satisfying and predictable melodies of track 2. Love it.

Brittany said...

I couldn't agree with you more about Intro. Well put. Love it also.